Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Dark & Stormy Night

Last night it rained a ton, creating street flooding and turning sidewalks into streams.

Lightning flashed all around, as it often does here during summer monsoon season.

Into this storm I ran, leaving our Home Care/Bible Study meeting....and then I fell, crashing through riverock landscaping and sliding along the sidewalk. So much for trying to get to the car quickly to stay dry...

After getting up, and pulling myself together, I noticed I had one finger on my right hand bleeding profusely, and another on my left hand bent at strange angles. Ouch!

I returned into the house, at the urging of my beautiful wife, a true helpmate...anyway, by God's Grace we have two doctors in our Bible study, who quickly rendered aide and helped me get x-rays and took me to another wonderful retired orthopedist who stabilized my hand for the night, saving me an expensive trip to the ER.

Long story short, I broke at least one finger in 6 places when I landed on it.. I am scheduled to see a hand surgeon this afternoon. Thanks in advance for your prayers...I will update with my hunt and peck skills of one hand sometime this weekend....

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally Datria said...

OUCH!!! I broke my thumb once in ONE place and that hurt bad enough!! I hope one of those dr friends of yours gave you some good drugs!!!

Praying for quick healing!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home