Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Friday, April 04, 2008

Life's Little Reminders

Okay, so I turned 41 yesterday. No big deal. It's just a number, right? Well, maybe, but I had some things happen tonight that made me wonder how I ever got to be older than I ever imagined myself...
I went to Home Depot to buy paint for my new shed. While ordering my paint colors, I noticed another young lady there ordering 6 gallons. I made a comment to her about having a big project planned for the weekend. She told me she had just bought her first house, and was going to paint it before moving in. She laughed a bit about the fact that she had never really painted anything before, and I said that it is a pretty good place to start personalizing home improvement. You can't go too wrong with painting I said. Then she proceeded to ask me if I was a teacher (uh, oh!). As soon as I said yes, she asked if I was at Canon, and then told me she remembered me. Turns out she was in my first sixth grade class here back in 1994! She is now 25! Yikes!

If that wasn't bad enough, when I checked out and wrote a check, the clerk checked my I.D. Then she said "come on, that's not you!" I said, of course, that it was, but that it was a 14 year old picture. She laughed and then had the nerve ask how old I was, to which I said I had just turned 41. Turns out she just turned 19 a few days ago! Man, am I getting older by the minute! @^%$%$%#!!!@

Okay, but it's not so bad. At least now that I am 41, and have been teaching a while, I can afford paint and a shed of my own!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Debora Hoffmann said...

OUCH! Just think if you had met one of your students from California...no, don't think about that!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Don't you have two other celebrations this month? Keep us posted on Canon, we'll be praying.
L>LB in Littleton

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home