Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Those who go before us....

During a week of illness with the swine flu last month, I "resurrected" my genealogy hobby. About that same time, I recieved an envelope from a distant cousin with dozens of photographs of our ancestors. Some were too good not to share...so here are a few...I may post more later.

This first one is Bessie Cagle, by her baby's grave. She was my great grandmother's sister. My great grandmother, by the way, died of the swine flu October 30, 1918! Unfortunately, I have no pictures of her.



The second photo is of Cyrus Worth Neff, my great-great grandfather. Anna decide it was kind of creepy, and wrote a Halloween story about it. My understanding from my distant Neff cousin was that family lore paints him as a "jack of all trades", but also not a very grandfatherly type man.









The three little girls are my great aunt Opal, my grandmother Mildred Geneva Neff (the baby, born Oct 7, 1915) and my great aunt Helen. They were the granddaughters of the man above. This was taken in Arkansas in 1915, according to the back.




They are all gone now, although my grandmother and her sister Opal both made it to 2002.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

These are so neat!!!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home