Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Ever wondered? Or how to rejoice in a broken foot!

Well, once again we are in recovery mode, and God is, as always, ever faithful!

On September 11, at about 6:30 in the evening, I took a big spill while walking the dog with Lori. We do not have sidewalks in our neighborhood, so we were walking along the gutter down a hill on Parkview. We came to s apot where the cement was cracked and had fallen about 2 inches. I mistepped and rolled my left foot, and I immediately knew it was broken. In a knee jerk reaction to the pain in my left foot, I shifted my weight and ended up going down on my right knee and elbow, tumbling into the busy street.
Almost before I had even stopped tumbling, two people driving by in a black Lexus SUV stopped an offered help. These angels/neighbors identified themselves as Charles and Zoe, as I recall, and they gave me a lift home, which was several blocks away.
I felt bad getting into their car with my bleeding right knee, but I could not walk on my left foot, so I was grateful they had come along. About an hour later, Lori was checking me in to Memorial Urgent Care, where they diagnoses a broken foot and a sprained right wrist and elbow.
God faithfulness did not end with providing me with caring support right from the moment of my fall, however. I have had terrific care all along from my friends at Skyway, my loving wife, my kids, and some good doctors. I ended up having to ave surgery to put in 5 screws to rebuild my foot. Now, three weeks later, I am able to walk on it, and have resumed my teaching duties both at school and church. I actually only took 3 days off school to deal with it for surgery and recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home