Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Won't Forget, by Anna Eick


Anna & her Grandpa "Sam", February 2007




It will have been a year next week since Dad aka "Grandpa Sam" Conrad Eick went Home to be with Our Father. A year ago this monday ( it was a Saturday, like today) we dropped in and had lunch with him. We had no idea it was the last time we'd see him this side of heaven.

This is a poem written by his granddaughter a few days after I discovered he had left us for his eternal home. She read it at his service and left a copy of it in his pocket when we laid him to rest, as a final token of how much we all would miss him.

I Won't Forget

by Anna Eick
10-25-2007

I won't forget your deep chuckles and my silly giggles;
I'll remember your strong hugs, and my small kisses.
I won't forget your wonderful stories, and how I loved them.
I'll remember your love for me,
and how proud I was that you were my grandpa;
But, most of all, I won't forget you, Grandpa.


















Father's Day train Ride- Leadville - 2007

4 Comments:

Blogger Debora Hoffmann said...

How could it have possibly been almost a year? I am teary-eyed, but I praise God for the legacy Grandpa Sam left with us all.

4:30 PM  
Blogger Loren said...

A great poem for a great man! we miss him too. I can't believe he's been gone a year already. It seems like only a month ago we were all saying good bye. The world is not the same without him.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Sally Datria said...

Wow, I too find it hard to believe that it has already almost been a year! He was a special man.

7:55 PM  
Blogger George said...

My dear friend lives on. Look to the children.

Semper Fi

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home