Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Monday, April 26, 2021

Ode to a Dog

Treasured Friend - Thanks for the gift for my family, God! “Tanner Pup/yeller dog/my other buddy” February 2007-April 2021 I lost a treasured friend yesterday The yellow dog who used to lay His gentle head upon my knee And shared his silent thoughts with me. He’ll come no longer to my call Retrieve no more his favourite ball A voice far greater than my own Has called him to His golden throne. Although my eyes are filled with tears I thank him for the happy years He let him spend down here with me And for his love and loyalty. When it is time for us to go And join him there, this much I know I shall not fear the transient dark For he will greet me with a bark. Author unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home