Eickhaus

an experiment in communication....for family and friends of our blog to "keep in touch" and provide pictures and information about the latest and greatest adventures of Eickhaus. Also see http://trees.ancestry.com/pt/person.aspx?tid=831833&pid=-2042210641&pg=0

Tuesday, January 03, 2023

#52Ancestors in 52 Weeks

I've joined a new writing challenge called 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. Each week I will write an answer to a prompt about my ancestors. This weeks prompt is "I'd like to Meet..." My ancestor I'd most like to meet is my great grandfather, Charles Eick. https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/6706130/charles-eick If I could meet him, I would have many questions, and probably unlock many mysteries in my family. Some things he might clear up for me is why he took his family and left Europe in 1890, details of the story of his journey across the ocean on the SSTrave, the loss of his first wife a few years after arriving in America, why they settled in Michigan after their New York arrival, and how long after? I would also like to know if his two of his sons were twins, or just lied about their birthdays. I'd ask what he did for work, and where some of the bodies were buried. (There are relatives, including one of his sons and a daughter that are supposed to be buried in Utica Cemetery, but there are no markers for them.) So, if I could meet one of my Ancestors, my great grandfather would be high on the list! Of course, I'd never settle for just one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home